Thursday, January 27, 2011

Shoot and Edit - Good Night Edited

Week Three.  I thought I was being a bit clever with my set up of my rabbit with the cork in the corkscrew with the wine bottle in the background for some bokeh but the black on black was actually rather a bit challenging come time to edit.  Actually, the most challenging was trying to remove the hot spot off the silver because I had to use flash.  There is no light in our house but I'm going to try to avoid it as much as possible!


a few adjustments in camera raw

Editing in PSE8
High Pass filter, opacity 41%
Levels adj layer bumped down
Saturation layer -57
B/W layer opacity 14%
Brightness/Contrast layer: B -8; C 7
Color fill layer used a grey opacity 15%
Photo filter warming 89%

I did try the cloning tool to get rid of the hot spot but it didn't help.

I'm excited for red next week.  I think I'll use my little people. :)




7 comments:

Ashley Sisk said...

Your hot spots don't bother me at all and I think you did a really lovely job with your edit. :)

Unknown said...

i too liked the reflection and light in the handle :) you did a great job with the edit!

Susan said...

Nice job. The reflection doesn't bother me at all. I even like the RAW edit.

Michelle R said...

hehe- it would seem you were the only one bothered by the hot spot, cause it didn't bug me either!

I like the grey tint you gave your edit. :)

julie said...

I think your final edit is great...I like the grey tint too. GREAT take on "good night"!!

jillconyers said...

Great editing. I like the added color fill of the final edit.

Mommy2Four said...

I like the feel of the final edit! Good job!